- Published on November 26, 2012AUDIO
Click here to stream this interview from the WPKN Counterpoint archives
Counterpoint, hosted by Scott Harris, is heard every Monday night on WPKN 89.5 FM, Bridgeport, CT between 8:00 - 10:00 pm ET. Webstreaming and audio archive at http://wpkn.org
- Published on November 25, 2012AUDIO
Updates on California's vote for tax hikes on the super rich, a public-funded museum sued for charging admission, and worker self-direction as a solution for the bankrupt Hostess bakery. Interview with political science professor Peter Ranis on workers' coops in Argentina, Cuba, and the US. Response to questions on why corporations and the rich prefer austerity as policy in capitalist downturns.
- Published on November 18, 2012AUDIOUpdates on politicians' big business incomes after their government jobs and the debate over social security. Interview with Prof David Fasenfest of Detroit's Wayne State University on causes and cures of Detroit's economic devastation. Responses to listeners on Britain's homeless and on controlling banks "too big to fail." On Economic Update with Professor Richard Wolff, Wolff and guests will discuss the current state of the economy, both locally and globally in relation to the economic crisis.
- Published on November 15, 2012VIDEOThese Tuesday evenings will each begin with an update and analysis of major economic events of the last month and their contexts of longer-term economic trends shaping politics and society here and abroad. We will focus on the evolving global capitalist economic crisis and its consequences.
- Published on November 15, 2012VIDEORiots have again erupted in Greece - as the Greeks continue to protest the austerity measures that are destroying their country. Is America out of the woods when it comes to austerity policies - or is there a chance Republicans will still force the crippling policies down our throats? Professor Wolff joins Thom Hartmann to weigh in.
- Published on November 11, 2012AUDIOUpdates on Obama's re-election, unemployment's social costs, and Kodak's betrayal of retirees. Interview journalist Ed Morales: history of Puerto Rico as US colony and policy laboratory and global crisis's impact on Puerto Rico since 2007.
- Published on November 4, 2012AUDIO
Updates on student debt crisis, profit-driven history of US housing, and storm (Sandy) economics. Discussions of Keynesian and Marxian economics. Response to question on transition from capitalist to workers self-directed enterprises.On Economic Update with Professor Richard Wolff, Wolff and guests will discuss the current state of the economy, both locally and globally in relation to the economic crisis.