- Published on November 25, 2014
Updates on Italy's general strike, opera economics, Miami baseball, and Argentina loans. Responses to listeners on economics of US children and on a new political party. Interview on personal and psychological costs of capitalism with Dr Harriet Fraad.
- Published on November 16, 2014Updates on low Irish taxes on corps, interns fight back, thriving opium, VW brings new labor relations to US, big banks caught cheating again. Replies to questions on domestic outsourcing and democracy of workers self-directed enterprises. Major discussions of college sports, the business oligarchy in the US and forgiving countries' debts.
- Published on November 9, 2014Updates on election results, Ebola, mortgage rules, China limits execs' pay, and whose got the wealth. Responses to listeners on changes at Costco, so-called "non-profits", why ever more billionaires, and Piketty's problem. Major topics discussed: election economics, child poverty, Capitalism and Democracy.
- Published on November 2, 2014
Updates on destroying public higher education, labor actions, Vermont labels GMO food, workers doing without days off. Major discussions of municipal bonds and how profits drive Capitalism. Response to listeners on PO banks and history of economic systems.
- Published on October 26, 2014Updates on Detroit's water shutoffs, corporations prioritize profit at people's expense (4 big examples), US Senators making money, economics of ebola, and hedge funds pay fines with pensioners' money. Interview: Dr. Obery hendricks, Jr., on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s lifelong criticism of capitalism and preference for democratic socialism. Response to listeners on (1) economics of the disabled (productivity and wages) and (2) reduced 2014 deficit in US.
- Published on October 19, 2014
Updates on Walmart shifts medical insurance costs onto US, payday loans, US child poverty, Obama versus workers' needs, profits and death from opioids. Major discussions of medical-industrial complex, manufacturing "renaissance" fantasy, and "socialism's" different meanings. Response to listeners on remarkable economics of US securities industry.
- Published on October 15, 2014
How did we get in this mess? Economist Richard Wolff joins Occupy Radio to give us the low-down and dirty on how the US economy tanked . . . at least for the 99%. But it's not all downhill from here; Worker Self-Directed Enterprises hold the key to radical transformation of our businesses, society, and lives!
- Published on October 12, 2014Updates on GM recalls, Cuba's investment in medical training, Germany's end all tuition requirements. Major discussions of why economics education so poor and report from Santa Fe movement for public banking. Response to listeners on why no recovery from the crisis and how to think about transition to worker coop based economy.
- Published on October 8, 2014
Professor Wolff guest stars on "It's Our Money" with Ellen Brown. Prof. Wolff reminds us that our current economic situation “is the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Everyone agrees on that, whether you're right wing, left wing or in the middle.” Elaborating upon PBS-TV's popular documentary series “The Roosevelts: An Intimate History,” Prof.
- Published on October 5, 2014
Updates on economics of migrants, choosing not to go to college, corporate tax dodges and their effects. Major discussions of (1) the economics of insurance, and (2) the basic economics of capitalist corporations. Responses to questions on (1) Rockefellers selling their fossil fuel holdings and (2) the economics of "mutual" companies.
The Tim Danahey Show: An In-Depth Conversation with Economist Richard Wolff about Wealth and Public/Private OwnershipPublished on October 2, 2014
Listen as Tim Danahey conducts an in-depth conversation about wealth, public ownership of banks and commons, and how to move an economy forward to long-term prosperity.