- Published on January 31, 2016
- Published on January 24, 2016
On this week's episode of Economic Update, Prof. Wolff provides updates on Obama on/in Detroit, Walmart closing stores, Santa Fe and public banking, food-makers' profits vs people's health. Major discussion of Oxfam and IECD reports on world poverty and inequality.
- Published on January 18, 2016
On this week's episode of Economic Update, Prof. Wolff provides updates on worker actions by UK's "junior doctors" and Detroit teachers, Flint's poisoned water, Supreme Court struggle. More on US govt subsidy of religion. Interview on worker coops with Michael Johnson author of new book.
- Published on January 14, 2016
- Published on January 10, 2016On this week's episode Prof. Wolff provides updates on Obamacare scandal, bank errors threaten depositors, public pension looting, subsidizing religion. Major discussion of old vs new meanings of capitalism as an economic system.
- Published on January 3, 2016
This episode provides updates on economics vs. the "free press," Nevada vs. public education and bikes displacing cars in Europe. We also respond to listeners' questions on the economics of closed ACA health co-ops and on inflation's dangers and impacts. Finally, we have major discussions on the Massachusetts Senate bill to tax rich universities and answering the question: "What is Capitalism?"
- Published on December 27, 2015Updates on Spain's new left government, no NFL money for concussion research, Harvard runs like a business, Fresno research proves widespread hunger. Responses to questions on why corps buyback own shares and why the "new" gig economy is not new. Major topic: comparing old socialism (govt intervenes in economy) to new socialism (democratizing the enterprise).
- Published on December 20, 2015
Updates on FED's interest rate hike, Peter Drucker on "like a business," gun business, and oil economics. Response to question on whether it is China that is slowing the world economy. Major discussion of Greek and Spanish austerity politics and how major oil, banking and auto corporations proved why we can and must do better than capitalism
- Published on December 17, 2015
Prof. Wolff joins Karen Tate on BlogTalkRadio.com and he discusses how we've been brain-washed to think Capitalism is grand and socialism is evil and what we can do in the short and long term to fix things.
- Published on December 13, 2015Updates on denying bailout for Puerto Rico and gross wealth inequality in US and Wisconsin. Response to listeners on guns and the capitalist profit motive. Interview with Prof. Cathy Mulder on transcending capitalism via worker cooperatives.
- Published on December 6, 2015Updates on Portugal joins Greece against austerity, US austerity especially in Puerto Rico and Illinois, useless laws for banks, words not action in Paris. Major discussions of Thanksgiving economics, Germany and refugees, France and terrorism, US airlines cheat for profits.