- Published on March 29, 2015
Updates on Trans-Pacific Partnership secrets, the Heinz-Kraft merger, the overly costly, underperforming US medical care system, fines for Graco selling faulty child car-seats, China’s real-estate bubble, and estate tax repeal by Republican House. Response to listener on property: private versus public. Major discussion of how system change happened in the past and and how in capitalism today.
- Published on March 22, 2015Updates on Yellen press conference,"Blockupy" protests in Europe against ECB and austerity, New York mayor DiBlasio signs bill for worker coops, and important fight over closing Sweet Briar college. Interview with veteran reporter Bob Hennelly on economics of US political corruption with special focus on his native New Jersey.
- Published on March 15, 2015
Updates on pizza politics, changing currency values, and tax-cutting politicians’ wild claims. Responses on workers coops’ competitiveness and on ‘unfree’ agricultural markets. Interview Walter South on economics of housing and dangerous economics of US cities and suburbs.
- Published on March 9, 2015Updates on taxis vs Uber vs driver coops, an apology on Detroit, International Womens Day, and cutting workers' compensation. Response to listeners on the economics of debts, past and present. Major discussions of (1) resisting economic decline: Minnesota governor, Emma Thompson and Pope Francis, (2) Wisconsin governor presides over economic decline, and (3) extremes of economic inequality.
- Published on March 7, 2015
- Published on March 4, 2015
Prof. Wolff talks to David Rabin of WPFW, a Pacifica station in Washington, DC about his recent Truthout article on a class analysis of the lessons we need to learn from past revolutions.
- Published on March 1, 2015Updates on German anti-capitalism, student debt default, credit card economics and unregulated chemicals. Response to listeners on pension scandals and Harvard economic research.
- Published on February 25, 2015
CPR News interviews Prof. Wolff about the current situation in Greece, Syriza and the economic issues facing Europe.
- Published on February 21, 2015
Updates on Europeans' struggles against austerity policies. Response to questions on how workers' self-directed enterprises solve various problems (especially financing and different skill levels). In depth critical discussion of 'free enterprise' and the free enterprise system.
- Published on February 16, 2015
Updates on labor protections for 'contract' workers, a green new deal for Greece, slowing US growth, and scandal of the used car market. Response to questions on reality behind 'recovery' hype and on poverty among those over 65. In depth critical analysis of markets and 'the market system'.
- Published on February 8, 2015Updates on capital gains tax, Home Depot work/stress tragedy, and Koch money for 2016 election. Response to questions on child poverty problem in US and "solutions." Major discussions of (1) key economic problems looming for US economy: Europe, China, emerging markets, and US domestic inequality; and (2) economic issues surrounding currency exchange: especially the value of the US dollar relative to Euros.