- Published on July 28, 2012AUDIO
Updates include Capital One Bank's misdeeds, French socialists' new policies, taxing churches in Spain, Walton family's immense wealth, strike at Caterpillar, and taxing private wealth. Major discussions of huge corporate cash hoards and vast private wealth hidden from view and from taxes in tax-havens. Responses to questions on reorganizing banking and on Marx's surplus value theory.
- Published on July 24, 2012AUDIO
- Published on July 22, 2012AUDIO
Updates on Chinese economy's response to global crisis, $6.6 billion legal deal among banks, credit card companies and retailers, and food stamp cuts threatened. Analysis of closing of US university presses, Texas Gov Perry refusal of Medicaid expansion. Responses on municipal pension issues and changes needed in giant banks.
On Economic Update with Professor Richard Wolff, Wolff and guests will discuss the current state of the economy, both locally and globally in relation to the economic crisis.
- Inside Story discusses Wells Fargo and the effects of discriminatory lending practices in the banking industry.Published on July 21, 2012VIDEO
This interview originally appeared on Inside Story Americas on the Al Jazeera website.
Inside Story discusses Wells Fargo and the effects of discriminatory lending practices in the banking industry.
- The last time Ben Bernanke came to Capitol Hill, his tone for the US economy was upbeat, but this time the chairman of the US Federal Reserve had a grayer forecast for what could be ahead now.Published on July 18, 2012VIDEO
This video interview originally appeared on PressTV's website.
And Bernanke made no mention about what he could do to buffer those shocks. Interest rates have been at records lows for several quarters and some experts say the Federal Reserve has no wiggle room left to influence economic growth. But Richard Wolffe, a US economic analyst and professor says the powerful institution is doing little more than watching.
- Published on July 18, 2012AUDIO
This radio interview originally appeared on the Free Speech Radio News website.