- Published on May 20, 2012AUDIO
Updates on impact of subprime mortgage abuses and economic crisis on racial and ethnic minorities; on Japan's nationalization of the Tepco Corp., and mixed results of bailouts of GM and Chrysler. Major discussions of (1) why government take-overs of private enterprise are rarely "socialistic" and mostly pro-capitalist, and (2) the basic causes and cures for unemployment in capitalist economies. Responses to comments on decision-making in workers' self-directed enterprises and about "recovery" in the housing market.
- Published on May 14, 2012AUDIO
Updates on NY Mayor Bloomberg's veto of bill raising minimum wage, the economics of single-payer medical insurance, and major insurance companies' withholding of death benefit payments. Major part of program devoted to responding to listeners' questions and comments on (1) property tax exemptions for rich universities, (2) how to get economic system change, (3) causes of rise of financialization in modern capitalism, and (4) how economic conditions shape people's political activity.
- Published on May 11, 2012AUDIOThese Tuesday evenings will each begin with an update and analysis of major economic events of the last month and their contexts of longer-term economic trends shaping politics and society here and abroad. We will focus on the evolving global capitalist economic crisis and its consequences.
- Published on May 9, 2012VIDEO
These Tuesday evenings will each begin with an update and analysis of major economic events of the last month and their contexts of longer-term economic trends shaping politics and society here and abroad. We will focus on the evolving global capitalist economic crisis and its consequences. We will examine topics such as
- Interview on RT TVPublished on May 9, 2012VIDEO
Published on May 8, 2012 by RTAmerica
As 1 in 4 children in America struggle with hunger every day, there are also those who have extremely lavish lifestyles even at a young age. RT's Anastasia Churkina takes a look at the lives of the faces behind the statistics -- and what economic despair and extreme wealth of today mean for America's future.
- Published on May 6, 2012AUDIOSlightly different format divides today's program into two parts. Part 1 deals with how and why government take-over of private corporations need not be and often is not "socialism" and why it is often done to strengthen private capitalists.