- Published on June 17, 2012AUDIOUpdates on cut public services and business vs consumer debts. Analysis of (1) resumed economic downturn and (2) irony that unions and left allies "saved" capitalism in 1930s but don't now. Question on unemployment measures and debates. On Economic Update with Professor Richard Wolff, Wolff and guests will discuss the current state of the economy, both locally and globally in relation to the economic crisis.We will focus on wages, jobs, taxes, and debts - and on interest rates, prices, and profits.
- Published on June 14, 2012VIDEO
This video originally appeared on RT-America.
- Published on June 11, 2012AUDIO
This audio recording originally appeared on the Progressive Rado Network's website.
Award-winning journalist Stephen Lendman hosts a cutting-edge program featuring distinguished guests daily discussing major world and national issues in depth.
- Published on June 10, 2012AUDIO
Updates on Montreal students fighting tuition hikes, global economic slowdown (again) and Spain's bank crisis, and big pay for CEOs of top financiers. Analyses of (1) Wisconsin and California elections, and (2) huge Mondragon cooperative corporation.
- Published on June 3, 2012AUDIO
Updates on grim US employment data released June 1, how Europe experiences global capitalist crisis differently in Greece, Spain and Germany, and how "parental leave" in US jobs lags all other advanced countries. Interview Dr Harriet Fraad on fast increase of US adults living alone: causes and consequences economically and psychologically. Responses to questions on Spain, US student debt, economic collapse.
- Published on May 27, 2012AUDIO
Updates on Providence, RI cuts of retired city workers' pensions and tax exemption for Brown University; on joblessness and unemployment for recent college grads; and on the thriving communist mayor and town of Marinaleda, Spain. Major discussions of how and why enterprises buy political influence with examples from Hollywood producers and the ATT Corp. Responses to questions about the Tobin Tax on financial transactions and on how and why national debts have serious economic consequences.
- Published on May 21, 2012AUDIOOver 50 % of today's adults in the US live singly, what a 2012 book by Eric Klinenberg calls Going Solo. We discuss why that happened, the deep loneliness involved, its relationship to modern capitalism, and why basic social change is crucial to overcoming today's isolations.
- Published on May 20, 2012AUDIO
Updates on impact of subprime mortgage abuses and economic crisis on racial and ethnic minorities; on Japan's nationalization of the Tepco Corp., and mixed results of bailouts of GM and Chrysler. Major discussions of (1) why government take-overs of private enterprise are rarely "socialistic" and mostly pro-capitalist, and (2) the basic causes and cures for unemployment in capitalist economies. Responses to comments on decision-making in workers' self-directed enterprises and about "recovery" in the housing market.